As the Coronavirus continues to instill panic and fear around the world, it is also bringing a massive increase in cyberattacks. The virus has shut down many businesses, and those lucky enough to be working are mostly doing so from home. Cyber criminals are taking advantage of this. That’s because many homes don’t have secure WiFi which gives hackers easy access to networks and devices.
Once a hacker gets into your network, they have access to your personal information which they can steal or hold hostage and demand ransom payments. These attacks have rapidly increased over the last few weeks as remote working has become the new normal.
However, there are measures you can take to prevent a cyberattack while working remotely:
- Make sure you are using a VPN (virtual private network).
- ONLY use WiFi that is password protected.
- Use a two-factor authentication to verify your identify before logging into a device.
- Install antivirus software on your devices. If you have software downloaded already, make sure it is up to date.
- Use caution and read emails carefully before opening them or clinking on any links included.
For further protection from cyberattacks, consider purchasing cyber insurance from Charles Leach Agency. We can be reached at 1-888-275-3224 or email us here: https://tinyurl.com/ww8we7p